(2010-2021) 5th Gen 4Runner Skid Plates
Includes: Front, Mid, Transmission, Crossmember and Fuel Tank
Stage 2 (Overland Protection) is designed for the adventurer who forges their own trail. The explorer who knows that they will keep going, even when the trail does not. We know you need proper equipment with you, because where you are going, a tow truck is not an option. Recovery gear, tools, spare parts, food, water, additional fuel, communications equipment, and medical supplies, are all important, but are for nothing if your drivetrain is damaged. From the vulnerable engine oil pan to the resin fuel tank, the 4Runner is your lifeline; do not forget to protect it where it needs it most.
Standing as the only line of defense from the forward most crossmember, to behind the fuel tank by use of an included, purpose built reinforced steel crossmember. Stage 2 integrates fuel tank protection from rock and stump punctures. Constructed from pure American LASER cut and CNC press brake formed 1/8" (3.175mm) thick steel or 1/4" (6.35mm) thick 5052 aluminum alloy. We utilize a cleaner, more precise Laser cutting method instead of industry standard plasma cutting. Plasma is limited to only cutting; our laser can cut, drill, engrave, and weld, giving us a distinct advantage over the industry standard. Our protection systems are more precisely fitted to the frame, with tighter tolerances, stronger edges, cleaner cuts, and OEM level of product refinement.
BudBuilt utilizes every possible attachment point, as well as additional load distributing supports, and overlapping plate designs to eliminate frame crossmembers from crushing inward during hard impacts, Unlike the OEM design, our system completely isolates the transfer case from all potential impacts. Safeguarding your transfer case and transmission from expansive damage and breakdowns.
We at BudBuilt, do not want to sell you the same product twice, we take pride in knowing that our products will stand the test of time under regular abuse. Anyone can go exploring, but BudBuilt can bring you back.
- 100% bolt on, no welding, no fabricating
- Edges are formed for strength and rigidity with area to allow for cleaning and mud removal
- Protects radiator, front alignment cams, engine, transmission, exhaust mid-pipe, front differential, transfer case, and fuel tank
- Recessed fasteners provide a smooth surface, leaving nothing to hang up on
- Includes engine oil drain plug and filter access, never requiring armor to be removed for routine maintenance
- BudBuilt will never cut our logo into a skid plate, weakening the armor, in an effort to advertise
- 100% North American steel and aluminum, handcrafted in North Carolina to last