Stage 2 (Rock Armor) is designed for the hard core drivers, the rock crawlers, and the pathfinders. Standing as the only line of defense from the forward most crossmember, to behind the fuel tank by use of an included, purpose built reinforced steel crossmember. Constructed from pure American 3/16" (4.76mm) thick, LASER cut, and CNC press brake formed steel.
(2010-2021) 5th Gen 4Runner Skid Plates
Includes: Front, Mid, Transmission, Crossmember and Fuel Tank
BudBuilt utilize a clean, extremely precise Laser cutting method instead of industry standard plasma cutting. Plasma is limited only to cutting; our laser can cut, drill, engrave, and weld, giving us a distinct advantage over the industry standard. Our protection systems are more precisely fitted to the frame, with tighter tolerances, stronger edges, cleaner cuts, and OEM level of product refinement.
BudBuilt utilizes every possible attachment point, as well as additional load distributing supports, and overlapping plate designs to eliminate frame crossmembers from crushing inward during hard impacts. Unlike the OEM design, our system completely isolates the transfer case from all potential impacts. Safeguarding your transfer case and transmission from expensive damage and breakdowns. A purpose built fuel tank armor eliminates punctures from large rocks and tree stumps.
We at BudBuilt, do not want to sell you the same product twice, we take pride in knowing that our products will stand the test of time under regular abuse. Anyone can go exploring, but BudBuilt can bring you back.
- 100% bolt on, no welding, no fabricating
- Edges are formed for strength and rigidity with area to allow for cleaning and mud removal
- Protects radiator, front alignment cams, engine, transmission, exhaust mid-pipe, front differential, transfer case, and fuel tank
- Recessed fasteners provide a smooth surface, leaving nothing to hang up on
- Includes engine oil drain plug and filter access, never requiring armor to be removed for routine maintenance
- BudBuilt will never cut our logo into a skid plate, weakening the armor, in an effort to advertise
- 100% North American steel, handcrafted in North Carolina to last