(2005-2015) 2nd Gen Tacoma Skid Plates
Includes: Front, Mid, Transfer and Crossmember
Stage 1 (Rock Armor) is designed for those who refuse to let the trail beat them. Standing as the only line of defense from the forward most crossmember, to behind the transfer case by use of an included, purpose built reinforced steel crossmember. Constructed from pure American 3/16" (4.76mm) thick, LASER cut, and CNC press brake formed steel. We will never use lower grade Chinese or Indian raw materials to protect your vehicle's expensive underbelly.
BudBuilt utilizes a clean, extremely precise Laser cutting method instead of industry standard plasma cutting. Plasma is limited only to cutting; our laser can cut, drill, engrave, and weld, giving us a distinct advantage over the industry standard. Our protection systems are more precisely fitted to the frame, with tighter tolerances, stronger edges, cleaner cuts, and OEM level of product refinement.
BudBuilt utilizes every possible attachment point, as well as additional load distributing supports, and overlapping plate designs to eliminate frame crossmembers from crushing inward during hard impacts. Unlike the OEM design, our system completely isolates the transfer case from all potential impacts. Safeguarding your transfer case and transmission from expansive damage and breakdowns.
BudBuilt went a step further and engineered the Tacoma's armor systems to not just work with stock exhaust routing, but with high clearance exhaust modifications. The OEM exhaust mid-pipe routes under the transfer case, a simple modification for any exhaust shop, your trucks mid-pipe can be routed from under to around the transfer case. Our plates include a bolt on, laser cut, load distributing spacer for the OEM exhaust setup, simply remove this piece with a future mid-pipe modification and gain 1" additional ground clearance at the center of your Tacoma. If you are running 33" tires, this modification will be the equivalent of running on 35" tires. We at BudBuilt, do not want to sell you the same product twice, we take pride in knowing that our products will stand the test of time under regular abuse. Anyone can go exploring, but BudBuilt can bring you back.
- 100% bolt on, no welding, no fabricating
- Edges are formed for strength and rigidity with area to allow for cleaning and mud removal
- Protects radiator, front alignment cams, engine, transmission, exhaust mid-pipe, front differential, and transfer case
- Recessed fasteners provide a smooth surface, leaving nothing to hang up on
- Includes engine oil drain plug and filter access, never requiring armor to be removed for routine maintenance
- BudBuilt will never cut our logo into a skid plate, weakening the armor, in an effort to advertise
- 100% North American steel, handcrafted in North Carolina to last